Federal regulations make it mandatory for transport trailers and tanks to comply with Department Of Transportation (DOT) specifications.
Did you know?
- Inspections must strictly adhere to DOT standards outlined for
- External Visual Inspection
- Internal Visual Inspection
- Lining Inspection
- Leakage Test
- Thickness Test
- Pressure Test
- A tank must be outfitted with vapor venting, pressure relief devices and piping systems.
- Must include an inner tank in strict compliance with set of laws prescribe by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers or ASME.
- A provision to fit a device that can measure the absolute pressure in the annular space or annulus.
- Inner tank heads must be designed concave to pressure.
- The outer jacket heads are to be designed convex to pressure.
- High level detection devices that can auto shutdown the unit in the event of a leakage.
The above is not an exhaustive list of DOT specifications related to transport trailer and tanks. It takes time and effort to ensure you are in 100% compliance of these specifications. You need a DOT certified partner of repute that can take care of all these provisions and make certain that you are in compliance.
CVA is certified to DOT standards for transport trailer and tank inspections. With our time-tested services you can focus fully on your core competencies. Contact us today to avail the services of our qualified inspectors.